Tuesday, September 26, 2006

In 2 days I'll be halfway around the world!

Wow. In less than 24 hours I will be on a plane to India and then Afghanistan. I’m not sure what to think or do, so I’m just going to go with the flow! No use stressing! I’ll be in each country for 1 week between September 28th and October 14th, and I’ll do my best to update this blog so you know what’s going on.

You may ask WHY!? Aside from the adventure of it, I’m going to start on a project called Resonance, which will include the stories and photos of Afghan women and women around the world. I’ll keep you posted on the progress of this on Resonance and I welcome any suggestions/participation anyone may have to offer!

I’m excited, scared and curious all at once. Part of me expects my trip to be like my last one in March 2005, while part of me knows it’s going to be different. Incidentally, this will be the 25 year anniversary since my family originally left the country during the Soviet invasion. Funny how things work out like that. My sister and dad will be going with me on this trip, and this will be Wazhma’s first time back to Afghanistan since we left when she was 7. I’m definitely anxious to see her reactions and how her old memories come to terms with this “new” country.

Enough chatting for now—I must pack!

Love,
Gazelle

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gazelle, what an adventure but it appears that you guys are having fun. I can just imagine the drama Wazhma was going thru... I'll stay in touch and you have fun...

Eddie

10/01/2006 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home